We’re looking for submissions from creative writers who want an opportunity to get into the world of published work.
Our publication is open to everyone and we accept submissions in any genre. This publication is an opportunity to give you a voice and a chance to get your work out into the world. It is also a chance to gain experience in working with a team of editors and having your work professionally published.
What we’re looking for are stories with passion and soul: we want the theme of inspiration to be interpreted and used however the author sees fit, be it in the tone, narrative, characters or themes.
A few things we would like authors to consider before submitting:
We do accept all genres of fiction: these can include short stories inspired by real life events. All characters and events in the story should be fictionalised. We are not looking to accept non-fiction submissions, personal essays, translations or transformative writings. All submissions must be the writer’s own work. If you think your work falls into one of these categories and want to check with us, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow five working days for a reply.
The submissions must be no longer than 3000 words and no shorter than 1500. They must conform to these submission guidelines:
· Has a title and your name/pseudonym
· Contact details including email and telephone. These won’t be shared with anyone else.
· Submissions must be in English.
· Either a .doc, .docx or .odf. No PDFs will be accepted.
· Double-space, 12 pt font Times New Roman, 2 cm margins (unless the font is important to the story).
· Indent the first line of each paragraph 1/2 inch (1.3 cm).
· Do not include extra line spaces between paragraphs (unless it’s to indicate a scene change).
· This publication will conform to the University’s acceptable content guidelines. Contextual profanities and violence are acceptable but please do not submit erotica.
In the email submission, please include a short (no more than 100 words) biographical statement. This could include your history with writing and what inspired you to write this story.
Submit to email@example.com no later than the 28th February 2017 at 6pm GMT.